Our Bullmastiff absolutely loves these homemade dog treats as can been seen in this YouTube Short!
Our Bullmastiff girl is about to go into heat and has been licking herself quite a bit. I created this pumpkin dog treat with mint to help with her dog breath, and she absolutely loves it! As soon as she hears the bar start to open, she races to the kitchen for a piece.
See the recipe below. You can definitely roll out the dough and cut it into symmetrical shapes with a cookie cutter for a more professional look. But, I wanted to see if these treats could be made without having to pull out a bunch of extra kitchen tools.
PUMPKIN, PARSLEY & MINT
HOMEMADE DOG TREATS RECIPE
- 1/4 cup Broth (Beef, Chicken, or Vegetable)
- 1/2 tsp. Chia Seeds
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley
- 3 Tbsp. Spearmint
- 3 Tbsp. Sun-Coco Oil
- 2-1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 c. Pumpkin Puree
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour the broth into a measuring cup.
- Add the chia seeds, turmeric, parsley, mint, and Sun-Coco oil to the broth.
- Mix well to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Add the mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Add the whole wheat flour, eggs, and pumpkin to the mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until well incorporated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- At this point, you can either:
- Roll out the dough to cut into symmetrical, perfect shapes with a cookie cutter, OR
- Place the batter on a long piece of plastic wrap, then roll it into a tight log before slicing into pieces. This will result in a more rustic, organic, homemade feel of the dog treats (as seen in our images).