As a pet owner, you want to make sure that your furry friend is healthy, happy, and well-nourished. One way to do that is by feeding them wholesome, nutritious food and treats. If you’re looking for a quick and easy dog treat recipe that uses only a handful of ingredients and requires no special kitchen tools, this homemade blueberry dog treat recipe is perfect for you!
- 1/4 cup Broth
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add turmeric to broth and mix well.
- Mash blueberries.
- Beat egg.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Stir until everything is well combined.
- Use a spoon or melon scoop to drop batter onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the treats cool completely before serving to your furry friend.
- You can store these homemade blueberry dog treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If you don’t have fresh blueberries, you can also use frozen blueberries in this recipe.
- You can add 1/2 tsp. of mint or parsley to freshen your dog’s breath!
Why make your own dog treats?
Making your own dog treats has several benefits. For one, it allows you to control what goes into your pet’s food and treats. When you make your own treats, you know exactly what ingredients are being used, and you can avoid any additives, preservatives, or other chemicals that may be present in store-bought treats.
Another benefit of making your own dog treats is that it’s often more cost-effective than buying pre-packaged treats. With just a few ingredients, you can make a large batch of treats that will last your pet for several days or even weeks. Rather than throw away blueberries that are starting to go soft, make them into dog treats before they go bad!
Lastly, making your own dog treats can be a fun and rewarding experience. It’s a great way to spend time with your furry friend, and you can even get your kids involved in the process.
The benefits of blueberries for dogs
Blueberries are a great addition to any dog treat recipe. They’re low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with essential vitamins and antioxidants. Blueberries are also known to improve brain function, boost the immune system, and promote healthy skin and coat in dogs.
In conclusion, this homemade blueberry dog treat recipe is a great way to spoil your furry friend with a healthy and tasty snack. With only a handful of ingredients and no special kitchen tools required, you can easily make a batch of treats that your pet will love. So, next time you’re in the mood for a DIY project, why not try making these homemade blueberry dog treats?