Are you looking for a simple and quick way to spoil your canine companion? Try our carob coconut flour dog cake recipe! Not only is it delicious, but it’s also made in the microwave, making it a hassle-free way to show your pup some love. This recipe doesn’t require any eggs, which can be beneficial for dogs with allergies or sensitivities. It also uses coconut flour, which is a healthy alternative to all-purpose flour and provides your dog with added fiber. And, carob powder is a tasty and dog-friendly alternative to chocolate. To take this recipe to the next level, we recommend using our homemade bone broth.
This coconut flour dog cake is perfect for celebrating your dog’s special occasion or just as a tasty treat.
1/3 c. Broth (See our Homemade Bone Broth Recipe)
1/2 Tbsp. Ground Flaxseed
1/2 tsp. Chia Seeds
1/8 tsp. Ground Turmeric
1/4 c. Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Carob Powder
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Applesauce
Beetroot Yogurt Dog Frosting
2 Tbsp. Plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 c. Tapioca Starch
1/8 tsp. Beetroot Powder
- Mix broth, flaxseed, chia seeds, and turmeric together and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, and carob powder to a microwaveable bowl and whisk together.
- Add broth mix, olive oil, and applesauce to bowl, and mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Place bowl in microwave and set on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove bowl from microwave and check for doneness.
- Return bowl to the microwave for another 30 seconds, if necessary.
- Remove from microwave and let cool.
- In small bowl, mix all dog frosting ingredients together.
- When the cake has cooled, spread Beetroot Yogurt Dog Frosting all over the top of the dog cake.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries.
How Many Treats Per Day for a Dog?
The proportion of a dog’s diet that can consist of dog treats varies depending on the individual dog’s nutritional needs and daily caloric intake. Generally, it is recommended that treats make up no more than 10% of a dog’s daily caloric intake. This means that treats should be given in moderation and not as a substitute for a balanced and nutritious diet. It’s important to talk to your veterinarian about your dog’s specific nutritional needs and to choose treats that are healthy and made with quality ingredients, like our Homemade Blueberry Dog Treats made with just 5 ingredients!
In conclusion, a single dog cupcake is a fun and easy way to treat your canine companion while also providing them with healthy nutrients. By using safe ingredients and following the recipe carefully, you can create a delicious and nutritious cupcake that your dog will love. So why not give this coconut flour dog treat recipe a try? Your canine buddy will thank you for it!