Watch how to make perfectly cooked brown rice for your furry friend using an Instant Pot! Brown rice is an excellent source of nutrition for dogs, as it is packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber that can help keep your pup healthy and happy.
After making hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot for Ruger our Bullmastiff, I make brown rice for her using the leftover water that was used to cook the eggs. This is the easiest method to make brown rice without burning it on the stove or creating a mess with all the sputtering when using a rice cooker.
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Brown Rice
- Homemade Broth or Unsalted Broth (any flavor)
- Herbs (optional)
- Add 1-1/2 cups of your dog’s favorite broth to the leftover water.
- If you don’t make hard-boiled eggs before making this recipe, then add 1 cup of water to the broth (for a total of 2-1/2 cups of liquid).
- Add 2 cups of uncooked brown rice.
- Add your dog’s favorite herbs.
- We like adding turmeric, basil, ginger, and parsley.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Set Instant Pot to the Manual setting for 22 minutes.
- When done, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the Instant Pot lid and fluff the rice.
- Serve as an additional flavoring to your dog’s meals.
- NOTE: Rice is not a replacement for a dog’s main meal. I like to think of it as a garnish to my dog’s meals.